Click Image to Enlarge
Alerte Trailblazer IV Police Bike Light System & Siren - Bike Patrol
The Trailblazer IV has an upgraded flash pattern that flashes at a faster rate and randomly flashes six different patterns. Please see below for more information.
The Trail Blazer IV Light System has everything you need to turn your police or security bicycle into a fully functional law enforcement unit. The new and improved light system now has 3 exceptionally bright Luminator LED's for the headlight portion of the system, with an easy to reach touch pad with a high beam and low beam switch on it and a built in headlight dimmer. This has more than doubled the headlight power of the Trailblazer II.
The Trail Blazer IV not only has the 3 front high focus LED headlights, but also includes a split array of 32 ultra bright LED's on both the front and rear lights for pursuit modes. The front is made up of the three LED headlamps, with 16 pursuit LED's on each side. Once you hit the pursuit switch, you are sure to be noticed. The rear light unit has a center safety/commuter light that can be in red or amber, and consists of 12 bright LED's. The commuter portion is also in-between two units of 16" LED's each. This means that when you hit the pursuit mode - your bike will light up in the front, and from behind. Many officers have commented that they like this feature because if they are tailing behind a fellow officer, they can see as soon as the lights enter pursuit mode and are quick to go assist their fellow officer.
The siren has been dramatically increased in its level and it is easily activated by a thumb activated momentary touchpad switch. Choose from a Hi-Lo or Wail Siren.
With the Alerte Trailblazer IV, you are getting flashing pursuit lights, flashing rear pursuit lights, a commuter taillight, a siren, and battery - all in one complete unit.
Here is a breakdown of the key features:
Front LED Headlight Features: Continuous beam headlight with 3 Exceptionally bright Luminator LED's, activated by a touch pad high beam - low beam switch.
- Upgraded Front Pursuit/Emergency Light Features: The new and faster strobe pattern flash randomly flashes six attention getting patters. 1. Double simultaneous 2. Quad Simultaneous 3. Double Alternating 4. Quad Alternating 5. Quint Alternating 6. MEGA Alternating. Please see below for a Trailblazer III Video demonstrating the new flash pattern.
- Siren: Built in siren - choose a unit with either Hi-Lo or Wail sound. The On/Off will turn on with one push and off with the other.
- Rear LED Light Features: Tail light with 12 LEDs combined with an emergency light with a split array of 32 LEDs (Alternating Quad Flash) Tail light with 12 LEDs combines with an emergency light with a split array of 32 LEDs (Alternating Quad Flash) The taillight is availabe in Amber or Red with a strobe pattern.
- Control Switches: Lights are controlled by a touch pad switch. The emergency lights are activated by a thumb operated on-off switch, as is the siren
- Batteries: Includes one (12 volt gell cell rechargeable) long use batteries with a water bottle design that fits snugly into a standard bicycle water-bottle holder. Includes plug in AC charger.
- Color Options: Emergency Lights are available in amber, blue, green, red or white combinations.SPECIFY COLOR COMBINATION - 2 COLORS (The Taillight is available in amber or red and the headlight is only in white.)
- Includes mounting hardware: Front Led attaches to the handlebars and the rear LED light attaches to the bike rack. Wire tires are included to secure the rear array to the bike rack.
- Dimensions: Front LED Light = 3 3/4"H x 5 1/4"W x 3 3/8"D.
Rear LED = 2 7/8"H x 5 1/8"W x 3 5/8"D. Battery = 7 1/2"H x 3" Diameter
Complete Kit shipping weight is 10 lbs.
- Construction: The lenses are molded of tough water clear polycarbonate.
The housing is molded of equally tough black ABS
The Rear Array metal bracket is made of 1/16" aluminum, Black powder coated.
The Trailblazer IV now Available with Optional Side Lights!
Alerte Systems has made a great option available for the Trailblazer IV Bike Light System. You can now order it with Optional Side Lights in one of three ways:
1. To Match the Commuting Taillight. If ordered this way, both sides will be the same color as the taillight and they will light up at the same time and in the same manner as the taillight. If you have a strobe amber tail, the side lights will also be strobe amber on each side.
Pursuit Side Lights: If you order in pursuit mode, the lights will be activated when you turn on the pursuit mode. The Pursuit Side lights can be ordered as Full Bar Color, or Half Bar Color.
2. The Full Bar Pursuit Mode will have side lights that are One color for the entire bar, that will match the color of the corresponding pursuit light in the front and back. For Example, if you have Red and Blue as your pursuit lights, one side light will be red and the other blue. If you have Blue and Blue in the front, both side lights will be blue.
3. The Split Bar Pursuit Mode will have half of each side light one color, and the other half a different color. For Example: The side light is 4 inches long. The first 2 inches will be red, and the other two will be blue. When the blue light in the front and back of the bike light up, the blue on the side light will also flash. When the red flashes, the side light will flash red. In other words, each side light will wig-wag in pursuit mode.
Video Of the Trailblazer IV Random Flash Pattern:
Customer Reviews (2) - Average Rating:
Overall a Nice System, 4.16.2018
My department has three of these on our bikes. PROS - Bright Flash Pattern - Loud Siren - High/Lo Headlight Beam - Long Lasting Battery - Durability (See Below) The battery fell out of the water bottle cage when I took a nasty spill and there was no damage to it even though the wires pulled right out of the sockets. The lights and wires also were undamaged. All I had to do was pop the battery back in and reconnect the wires and it still works. I've also ridden with this in rain and it worked well. Cons - I think the red/blue lights and siren are a bit overkill for bike patrol. Its not like you're a traffic unit that would be pulling cars over left and right. When I took the IPMBA Police Cyclist Course, all the other people there just had a basic headlight and rear strobe that seemed to get the job done. - Price. I give Police Bike Store credit, they sell it cheaper than any other place I've seen (which is why we bought from them). However I don't like the idea of a $400+ light on a police bike since the bike itself will take a lot of abuse from falls either accidental or if you have to ditch the bike in a hurry to chase someone on foot. I can however attest firsthand that it can handle the abuse. Overall, this is really the Cadillac of lights. If you can afford to purchase it, I recommend it. However other light systems will also get the job done.Reviewer: Robert Bechtel (Orwigsburg, PA)
Must Have For any Security/Police/Ems, 2.18.2013
This light kit is amazing it has everything you need in the control of your thumb. This Is just purely amazing ... My Department ordered one to test it out and we must say it is truly amazing ! MUST HAVE !!! Our second order is already on the way ! Originally Posted on Feb 18, 2013Reviewer: Deputy Chief E.L.Torres (, New Jersey)