Click Image to Enlarge
Montague Paratrooper - Military Folding Mountain Bike
Normal Retail $879.00 - Our Price is only $799.00!
Mountain bike performance with an added comfort package you won't want to miss.
Strong as a tank, light as a daypack. Built for military use, available to civilians.
Tough, rugged, and ready for anything, this mountain bike is dropped from the sky to land prepared for action. The speed of unfolding this bike for riding will blow you away. No tools required to fold and stash in your Humvee. The Paratrooper comes equipped with front suspension, 24-speed EZ Fire Plus shifters, a compass and heavy duty double cage aluminum pedals to tackle the roughest terrain. The Paratrooper is no ordinary folding bike - it's a sturdy, powerful mountain bike that happens to fold. The Paratrooper Tactical Bike uses all standard mountain bike wheels and components serviceable at any bike shop.
- Full-size, rugged mountain bike deployable on almost any terrain.
- A stealth/minimal signature that is second only to a walking soldier.
- Off body load bearing = transport of increased loads = lesser reliance on resupply.
- Up to 75 miles daily range with low/no logistic support necessary.
- Folds to 36" x 30" x 12" in under thirty seconds without the use of tools.
- Easy to transport, you can take this bike anywhere - you can even jump with it!
- Patented technology not available from any other company.
- Low initial cost with little to no maintenance required..
- Front and Rear disk brakes give rapid and stronger braking power.
- Equipped with industry standard wheels and components serviceable at any bike shop.
- Montague Folding Integrated Technology (F.I.T.): Montague's patented seat tube folding system preserves the structural integrity and inherent strength of traditional bicycle geometry. Unlike all other folding bikes, there are no wobbly hinges and no structural tubes cut in half.
- Quick Releases: No tools are needed to fold and unfold the Paratrooper. Just open one quick release lever on the top tube and remove the front wheel. Folds in under thirty seconds without tools.
- Safety Lock: Recessed drop out for quick release prevents frame from folding even with quick release not tightened.
- Color: Cammy Green
- Frame: Aluminum 7005 Series, Front and Rear Triangle
- Fork: SR Suntour. Suspension XCT V2. 80mm travel. Alloy one piece lower. Disc Compatible
- Rims: Jalco. Alloy, 32 hole. Double Wall. CNC Sidewall
- Tires: Kenda. Knobby. Front and Rear Specific. 26 x 1.95"
- Hubset: Formula. Black. Alloy. Disc Compatible. Sealed front & rear with CLIX front quick release
- Spokes: 14G stainless Steel
- Saddle: Mountain with "Center Gap" Comfort Technology
- Seatpost: Kalloy, 27.2 X 300mm Alloy
- Handlebars: Kalloy. Alloy. 7 degree backsweep. 31.8 Barbore. 580mm length
- Stem: Kalloy, Alloy Direct Connect. 31.8 Barbore
- Shifters: SRAM X-5 Trigger Shifter
- Front Derailleur: Shimano Top Pull
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM X-5
- Crankset: SR Suntour. 42/32/22. Alloy 170mm crank arm. Matte Black
- Cassette: 8spd
- Brakeset: Promax. Front & rear mechanical disc w/ pad adjustment. Alloy Levers
- Pedals: Platform pedal with alloy cage
- Additional Components: 1 set down tube bosses
- Frame Sizes: 18", 20"
- Stand over heights: 29", 30"
- Folded Size: 36" x 28" x 12"
- Weight: 29 Pounds
"Here's a bike you can drop out of an airplane,
check as luggage, strap on the side of a tank, travel
over any terrain, store in a closet, and ride into combat
or to a picnic."- Detroit Free Press
Not yet rated - Click here to be the first to write a review.