Click Image to Enlarge
Montague Paratrooper - Military Folding Mountain Bike
Mountain bike performance with an added comfort package you won't want to miss.
Strong as a tank, light as a daypack. Built for military use, available to civilians.
The classic folding mountain bike from Montague, the Paratrooper is tough, rugged, and ready for anything. Its patented folding design was developed under a grant from DARPA to allow airborne soldiers to drop out of airplanes and into combat.
The Paratrooper offers 24 speeds, front suspension, mechanical disc brakes, and the RackStand for hauling gear. Tackle any terrain, carry your gear, and fold to stash in your trunk.
- Full-size, rugged mountain bike deployable on almost any terrain.
- A stealth/minimal signature that is second only to a walking soldier.
- Off body load bearing = transport of increased loads = lesser reliance on resupply.
- Up to 75 miles daily range with low/no logistic support necessary.
- Folds to 36" x 30" x 12" in under thirty seconds without the use of tools.
- Easy to transport, you can take this bike anywhere - you can even jump with it!
- Patented technology not available from any other company.
- Low initial cost with little to no maintenance required..
- Front and Rear disk brakes give rapid and stronger braking power.
- Equipped with industry standard wheels and components serviceable at any bike shop.
- Montague Folding Integrated Technology (F.I.T.): Montague's patented seat tube folding system preserves the structural integrity and inherent strength of traditional bicycle geometry. Unlike all other folding bikes, there are no wobbly hinges and no structural tubes cut in half.
- Quick Releases: No tools are needed to fold and unfold the Paratrooper. Just open one quick release lever on the top tube and remove the front wheel. Folds in under thirty seconds without tools.
- Safety Lock: Recessed drop out for quick release prevents frame from folding even with quick release not tightened.
- Color: Matte Cammy Green
- Frame: Custom drawn 7005 Series Aluminum with DirectConnect System. Replaceable derailleur hanger and disc mount
- Fork: SR Suntour XCT suspension. 80mm travel. Alloy one piece lower. Disc Compatible
- Rims: 26″ Alloy, 32 hole. Double Wall. Black
- Tires: Kenda Kinetics. 26″ x 2.10″
- Hubset: Formula. Black. Alloy. Disc Compatible. Sealed front & rear with CLIX® front quick release
- Spokes: 14G stainless Steel
- Saddle: Aero Mountain
- Seatpost: 30.0 X 300mm Alloy with Montague logo
- Handlebars: Kalloy. Alloy. 7 degree backsweep. 31.8 Barbore. 580mm length
- Stem: Kalloy. Alloy Threadless. 105mm. 7 degree rise
- Shifters: Shimano RAPIDFIRE Plus Trigger Shifter
- Front Derailleur: Shimano Top Swing Dual Pull
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Deore
- Crankset: SR Suntour XCC. 42/32/22. Alloy 170mm crank arm. Matte Black
- Speeds: 24 Speeds
- Brakeset: Mechanical disc w/ pad adjustment. Alloy Levers
- Pedals: Platform pedal with steel cage
- Additional Components: RackStand rear rack with fenders
- Frame Sizes: 18", 20"
- Stand over heights: 29", 30"
- Folded Size: 36" x 28" x 12"
- Weight: 32 Pounds
"Here's a bike you can drop out of an airplane,
check as luggage, strap on the side of a tank, travel
over any terrain, store in a closet, and ride into combat
or to a picnic."- Detroit Free Press
Not yet rated - Click here to be the first to write a review.